Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A computer zombie virus plague

Have you ever woke up one day and gone about your business as normal only to find out that everyone had become infected with a zombie virus and was trying to kill/eat you?

If you answered yes to this question, then you might not want to stand this close to your best friend, your step-father, mother, or roommate. In fact, the only person you can really trust is your ex-girlfriend.

Well that is what Monday was for me. Allow me to explain.

For those of you who don't know, I maintain a social networking site for Darth Vader's alter ego, Dan. The actual spelling I use is 'Dann Vayder', so as not to appear too suspicious. The Dann Vayder character actually originated back when 'Star Wars: Episode III' came out in theaters, and Hasbro came out with the Darth Vader Voice-changer Helmet



Every little kid dreams of having one of the trinity of awesome star wars helmets- Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett. For most of my life I had just assumed that such a desire was out of my league- I didn't have enough money, and I wasn't nerdy enough to devote myself to such an ideal. Then came the Voice-changer helmet.

For the first time, the awesomeness was made available at the mass-market level. Purists called it a disgrace, and went on a wide-scale smear campaign. Or not. Either way, I was going to get one of those helmets. And I did. So this part of the story is pretty boring. Sorry I don't have a better story of hunter-quarry...I just ordered it off of Amazon.com

And now, in honor of the economic crisis, a word from a non-sponsor-

Today's blog has been brought to you by Amazon.com. Amazon.com. You can buy stuff from us, and we will send you the stuff you buy.

For sale: authentic Amazonian speedo. Penis gourd not included.

So I decided that it would be hilarious to take pictures of Darth Vader doing everyday, normal types of things. I didn't have a whole costume, but I still went ahead with my plan. It lead to us taking a bunch of pictures. We laughed, because we are stupid, and then we put the pictures and the helmet away.

Fast forward to 2008. I dig up the pictures while looking for some other thing. The memories flood back, the passion- everything that made me want to do completely ridiculous things to make myself laugh. I had some friends scan the pictures onto the computer for me (before that, they were in snail-pic format), and they thought the pics were the funniest things.

Around that same time, I got Facebook. I put the pics onto Facebook. I got more people telling me that the Dann Vayder thing was really funny. I laughed. I dug the helmet out of seclusion, and started taking more pictures.
Fast forward to 2009. Whoops, slow down- you almost went to 2012

It is starting to seem that the Mayan civilization will still be dead in 2012. The accuracy of their calander is just amazing. Who could have predicted that? Really?

So I decide to create a social networking page for Dann Vayder. And I did actually do that. Again, I'm sorry there isn't more of the story here.

You will have to tune in next time for when I actually tell you the actual story that I wanted to tell you that I couldn't because I spent so much time setting up the back story. But then, if you've followed this blog for any period of time, you probably expected me to not actually get to the point of why I was writing in the first place.

Pics:

1 comment: