Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Favorite Project 86 Songs

Well, that week certainly flew! Thanks for tuning in to part two of my Project 86 Monday series, in anticipation of the July 14th release of their newest LP Picket Fence Cartel. This week I will be reviewing my favorite songs done by my favorite band. Where will their new stuff rank? Only time can tell. If you want to hear it ahead of time, they have four brand new songs posted on their Myspace account, which is: www.myspace.com/project86

Well, now that we have the formalities addressed, let's get on to the main event, shall we? My top-twenty favorite Project 86 songs!

20) Sioux Lane Spirits, Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

19) The Forces Of Radio Have Dropped A Viper Into The Rhythm Section, Rival Factions

18) Another Boredom Movement, Truthless Heroes

17) Know What It Means, Truthless Heroes

16) Shelter me, Truthless Heroes

15) Pull Me Closer, Violent Dancer, Rival Factions

14) From December, ...And The Rest Will Follow

13) All of me, ...And The Rest Will Follow

12) Slaves To Liberty, Rival Factions

11) Sincerely, Ichabod, ...And The Rest Will Follow

10) Safe Haven, Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

9) Sad Machines, Drawing Black Lines

8) Shiny Skin, This Time Of Year

7) The Spy Hunter, Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

6) Hollow Again, Truthless Heroes

5) Little Green Men, Truthless Heroes

4) Necktie Remedy, ...And The Rest Will Follow

3) Soma, Truthless Heroes

2) Breakdown in 3/4, Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

1) The Kane Mutiny, Rival Factions

Hmmmmm...not bad, not bad! Again, I wanted to make a top-ten list, but I just couldn't trim it down! I had a hard enough time trimming this to just twenty, let alone ten. Now, know that I am not some blind fanboy, who worships everything that my favorite band puts out. There are Project songs that I don't like, there are Project songs that I think suck. What makes these guys my favorite band is that those songs are few and far between, and the fact that their top songs kick serious behind.

Next week is our 'season' finale. Join me as I put to rank the Project 86 album catalogue!

No comments: