Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Okay so I lied again

If you haven't figured this out yet, I tend to lie. Well, not lie. Stretch the truth. Or fudge the details. Or run into unforseen circumstances that necessitate the altering of the facts. Whatever the case, I am posting a day after I posted that I wouldn't be posting until Virgin week was over. We will now pause for your despair.

Now that you have recovered, you have probably realized 'OMG- I get to read another post before Christmas! Yah!'. If you haven't realized this, you might be on the naughty list. Not just my naughty list. THE naughty list. So check yourself. You onboard? Good.

So my mom sent me one of those stupid e-mail questionaires that has nothing to do with anything. But they can be fun- it's just a pain in the butt to copy, then paste, then change all the answers.

That's what I'm going to do. I copied. Now I'm going to paste. Then I'm going to change the answers. This way, you will all be able to learn ridiculously trivial facts about my opinions, instead of just my mom who sent me the e-mail. Aren't blogs great?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Gift bags suck, and take no effort. Why not just hand them the present. Or better yet, a gift card? Or better yet yet, just give them the money, you lazy jerk!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Real things are fire hazards.
3. When do you put up the tree? This year it was like November 10th or something, whenever the first snow happened. I was illegimately inpregnated with Christmas spirit that night. It's not something I like to talk about.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years dayish.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? Hell yeah! I enjoy regular egg nog, soy milk egg nog (which tastes better than you think it might), and recently, pumpkin egg nog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a robot as a kid. I don't know if it was my favorite or not, but I remember it, so it is the favorite by default.
7. hardest person to buy for? Any dad I've ever had to buy for. Seriously, is there this thing that happens to men when they inpregnate a woman? Like a transformation of DNA, that all love of material things melts away and is replaced by a desire to always ask for ties, tools, and some other third thing? Any thing that dads want that the average shopper could actually find has already been purchased throughout the year by the dad. By the way, if any of you reading this want to know if this Dad transformation has happened to me, let me know and I will e-mail you my wants list from Wishpot.com. You can then buy me something from that list and see if I enjoy it or not.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Delaney and Shane. Man, I am going to milk the excitement of opening diapers and wipes on Christmas for all its worth.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I'll probably wait until my mom is not looking, and then take one of the 8-10 that she has.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail (when I do), but I get really pissed at the people that just send a card with their signatures on it. No message? No memo? No 'Jason, I love you, and because of that, I spent money on a piece of cardboard and an envelope and a stamp to let you know that'? If you aren't going to write a message, then don't even bother sending a card. Which is what I do.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An enema. I've never actually gotten that for Christmas, but I imagine it would be really bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmmm...I smell a future blog post, categorizing different types of Christmas movies! For now, suffice it to say National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I start thinking about it, but I usually try to be done before December hits. That didn't happen this year though :(
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Do they mean recycle? Or regift? Huge difference. Until I have more information, I cannot answer this question.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I like the taste of reindeer meat soaked in a red wine sauce.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. I miss the asbestos laced large colored glass bulbs of my childhood, but I have come to grips with the wussy lights that they make nowadays.
17. Favorite Christmas song? My Christmas List by Simple Plan.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Being married with children, you do both.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No, they have already been named. I don't lose any sleep over this, I think that to change their names at this stage of the game would just provide unnecessary confusion.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a little stocking hat that is our star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The fact that radio stations don't start playing all Christmas music as early as they used to.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Awesome.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? See answer to question 15.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Check out my wishpot.com list!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Everybody, because I have thus inspired you to waste 15 minutes of your busy lives to answer these trivial questions.

I do wish everyone a merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Boxing Day/Holiday/Festivus/Exam Week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the stations not playing Christmas music, you are not listening to the correct station.

WPFF has been driving me crazy since Thanksgiving Day

Parks said...

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't actually listen to the radio...but when I do, I'll have to check that one out (assuming it's in the UP)...most of that comment stems from my memories as a child, where Christmas music abounded (if that is even a word). Besides, I've been driving my family crazy with Christmas music since November 11th, the first morning we woke up with snow.

So I'm somewhat insane...