Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Fantasy Football- the end of an era

In the next couple weeks, I'll be bringing you the trimmings and trappings you normally associate with this blog- my Fantasy Football playoff recap, draft review, and transaction assessment.  It might not be epic, but I guarantee it'll be.  So for the next couple weeks, stay constantly vigilant, with your eyes glued to your computer screen.  Also, I meant that figuratively and not literally.  Just so everyone is on the same page. 

And after that, I think I might be done writing about Fantasy Football for awhile (pause for sad groans).  I don't think I'm done playing it yet- I suspect I have this weird numbers fetish that, combined with my passive aggressive desire for competition leaves a massively gaping hole in my heart that only Fantasy Football can fill.  I just won't be clogging up my blog with it.

I don't know- this season, I've just felt....well, really empty while writing about my exploits.  Maybe it was stuff going on in my personal life that kept me from getting truly attached to my team.  It might be that I actually had success, which removed much of the pain and angst that fueled my prior ramblings.  It could be that my heart is two sizes too small. 

Whatever the reason, I've found that writing about my Fantasy Football team lately has been very stale.  I feel like I'm trying to draw from the well, but all I'm getting is stale jokes and recycled cliche's.  It's just not fun for me.  In the past, it was fun.  It was fun to write a fake eulogy for Ryan Grant.  It was fun to write a mid-season review after an 0-4 start.  It was fun to write about how I stole Dwayne Bowe from Josh in the 5th round.  This year, the fun just hasn't been there.

Like most things that I say, I reserve the right to take this back once next football season hits.  It's very possible that I'll get the desire again when we have our drafts and I want the whole world to know that I picked Player X in the Nth round, and I'm stoked out of my mind because I think he's an absolute steal.  It's very probable that when my (insert early round here) player suffers a serious injury in week (insert low number here) that the sparks in my soul will begin to fly and like the Phoenix my Fantasy Football pieces will rise from the ashes of my apathy.  I don't want to rule anything out at this point.

Well, other than a commitment to writing about Fantasy Football next season. 

No comments: