Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

So I'm back...ish

If a blogger writes a blog that gets about 50 page views on a good day, and then that blogger stops writing for a period of time (and his content was honestly not all that great to begin with), does it make a sound?  And when that blogger decides one day that it's been long enough and it's time to put on his Prodigal and come back, will anyone be there to throw him a party?

Yes, I'm back.  I've missed you.  How are you?  It's been awhile.  Where's my freaking party?

Today for lunch we had the usual buffet of excuses and pseudo-reasons to account for my absence, so I'll spare you those.  But you should just know that it's been particularly difficult to get back in the saddle.  I have been really wrestling with and coming to grips with my own limited scope in terms of the value of my contributions in a Social Media world.  Oh, sorry, spoiler: lots of melodrama coming up.  The internet world has really made it extremely easy for everyone to put themselves out there with some sense that we are the most important people in the world (and the smartest, funniest, always rightest, etc.).  Meanwhile it also exposes us to millions and millions of people that are either:
A) Way, way ADJECTIVER than we are; or
B) Scummy dirtbags that we can't even feel good about being MORE ADJECTIVE than.

It's kind of like we're all the Wizard of Oz, except we get to look on as the curtain is pulled back.

Please, don't misunderstand me- I'm not looking for sympathy or trying to trick you into giving me praise (although please, feel free to give me unsolicited praise at any time).  I'm just an insecure writer in a period of time when insecure writers are appetizers for a-holes.  I feel like I can be funny- but there are many who are funnier.  I feel like I can be smart and insightful- but there are many who are smarter and insightfuler. The truth is I am who Dennis Green thought I was and I will probably always go back and forth between feeling like 'Hey, I'm awesome' and 'Hey, have you seen the nearest hole to crawl in?'.
...why did I click on this blog again?

But of course I'm not going to stop- at least not fully.  I have a creed, a core belief (which doubles as the primary reason why I stick with Social Work other than the awesome pay) that each person on this Earth has some sort of value inherent to their being alive.  Each persons' unique experiences and make-up mean that they are worth something and unique in spite of their sameness.  The lives we lead and the stories we help create make up the congregate of the human experience and make us all an important cog in our own way.

And so that's why I'm going to start writing again about the Wrestling Universe of my creation.

Yes, I just sucked you into reading about faux wrestling exploits by waxing poetic about my existential struggle.  Two words for ya:
Bad idea?
This is basically why I started blogging in the first place (not this, specifically, but...well, you get the idea), this idea, this notion that I don't have anything of value to say other than everything I say because I am the one saying it and I am the only me that there is.  To borrow from noted sage Bret "The Hitman" Hart (and thanks to the #WWE Network, I'm on as much of a wrestling kick as I have ever been on a kick of anything), I'm the Me there was, the Me there is, and the Me there ever will be.

As always, thanks for reading!  Tune in next week as I talk more about stuff nobody cares about!

PICS: DX- http://sp7.fotolog.com/photo/23/8/93/wwe_dx12/1161204950_f.jpg 
Kid- http://poachedmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Confused-Kid-722x500.jpg
Surprise!- http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-1.png

No comments: