Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Project 86 Monday! Project 86 Monday! Project 86 Monday!



Mark your calenders- July 14th, the best band in the history of ever (Project 86) releases their newest LP, Picket Fence Cartel. In honor of this very cool epic event, I will devote the next three Mondays to putting out high quality blog posts in honor of this amazing, hard rocking band. If you have even the slightest affinity for heavy rock or deep lyrics, then I highly recommend these guys.

Why do I love this band? Well, this was the first band I attached to as a young Christian. They were the first band that showed me my musical future would involve much more than just hymns and Point of Grace. Alex Albert, the drummer (through most of their albums) doesn't do anything that is too crazy amazing (which actually inspires me) but is extremely tight. Andrew Schwab, the frontman, writes amazing lyrics, and when we went and saw them in concert for the first time, looked right into my soul. He's so frickin intense! Steve Dail (bass) and Randy (guitar) round out the band, and they are both really good as well.

This band writes really phenomenal bridges. So yeah...

I once rode 7 hours (from Marquette to St. Paul, MN) to watch this band- me and the bro-in-lawski went there on a Tuesday, watched Project (and some other bands), camped one night, and then drove back the next day in time to get to work. Wow! I'm so hardcore it is not even funny!

Anyways, I'm just wasting time right now. I have to work on my first Project 86 Monday! post- my favorite Project 86 lyrics. Enjoy!


PIC
Logo- www.myspace.com/project86

No comments: