Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Monday, April 19, 2010

End of an era

Well, as of today, I am officially done with all of my 'homework'. Yah yah, applause, applause. I still have to submit a couple weekly reports, and take a comprehensive knowledge 'exam' for the social work program (part of their accreditation with the CSWE, I don't get graded for it, it just lets them know how awesome our program is). But realistically, when I gave my presentation today and handed in my paper, I was handing in my undergraduate career.

It hasn't really sunk in yet- probably because I just got done submitting a 2 page weekly processing report. But still, it feels good to know that there is no homework on the horizon. No chapters I have to read, no exams that I have to study for, no papers that I will be putting off while I'm writing this blog post. Just me and the world, and all the information that it contains.

So where from here? What does the most successful blog that I've ever done do for an encore? And did you even want an encore? (Encore? Hmmmm....sounds like a rant for another time). Well, like I said in another blog post, I plan on reading some textbooks in order to broaden my knowledge base. I'm going to need a place to synthesize that information- what better place than MY BLOG!!! That's right! Starting on a Tuesday or a Thursday near you (it has to be one of those days simply because of the alliterative possibilities), Textbook Tuesdays (or Thursdays) will become a regular feature on this blog, right here (BTW, is it cheesy to hyperlink to your own blog within your blog? How about twice in the same paragraph?).

My goal, as always, is to make you think about things in a new, or different way. I might not always be right- and sometimes I may even be blatantly wrong. But I want people to be able to open their eyes to new ways of thinking- and at the very least, to understand that each story has a second side, and that knowing that side can lead to the path of understanding. That is what my textbook posts will be about. I'll provide some new information, and hopefully help you learn while I am hopefully learning as well. It may sound like the dumbest idea ever, but I'm actually pretty excited about it.

I have a post brewing that I think you might find shocking. Maybe you won't. I don't know. But it's a pretty big deal to me, and it's full of thoughts that I've been chewing on for a while. All I can tell you is that I'm pretty nervous to write it.

I definitely need to get a job, and so I'm going to try to do that. But even if I end up working 40 hours a week, I still plan on bringing you the tidbits of the inside of my mind. I hope that they make you laugh, and cry, and curse, and ponder- the goal of my writing has always been to celebrate the diversity of the human experience. We are people of many dimensions, and while some are able (and willing) to focus on only a certain part, that has never been my call. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas with you for years to come, and also having your ideas and thoughts shared with me.

God bless,

Jason

No comments: