Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

IF YOU SMELL....WHAT YOUSHOULDKNOWJASONPARKS IS COOKIN'

How do you write a blog about a video game based on a fake sport?  I have no idea.  I had no idea when I said that I was going to do it, and I have less of an idea now.  Well, perhaps that is only half true.  But with 60+ wrestlers to keep track of, and lacking the stable structure that other, realer sports have, and the emphasis on virtual story-telling- let's just say that this is going to be a little trial and error here in the beginning.  Best case scenario, I create this on-going/self-sustaining mecca of laughs that blows the competition out of the water.  Worst case scenario?  It's another thing that I've said that I'll do that I don't end up doing.   So unless you're a fan of quality/meaningful work, this is going to be a win/win.

Did I just use the 'ol '/' move three times in that paragraph?  Awesome.  Just call me Slash.
SLASH!!!













Back to brass tacks- lets start to pin down what this thing is.  And what it is, is the Youshouldknowjasonparks Wrestling League.  Yes, I really for real am calling it that- although you can call it the YWL for short.  But this name thing is happening.  It is SO happening.  I've already looked into the trademark. 

I've divided my league into 2 separate, smaller leagues.  It's very similar to when the AFL and NFL were separate entities and would meet annually to have a huge championship fiesta.  Except that I will have monthly "Super Bowls" (Pay-per-views), each resulting in multiple championship fiestas and also Joe Namath comes into the Packers huddle and smacks Bart Starr in the face with a folding chair.

(And now I wish that downloaded a Joe Namath create-a-wrestler)

SLASH!!!











The two leagues (and if I can just say that the customizability of WWE 13's Universe mode- basically the "career" mode of other sports games- is nothing short of funtastic) are WCW and Raw Is War.  Not that you necessarily care about that, but at least you'll know when I start throwing those names around.

At this point my goal is to write weekly about my little corner of the universe.  Maybe profile a wrestler each week.  Give an update on championship rankings.  And we'll see what else.  I really do think that this could end up being very fun (for me), and hopefully at least a little tolerable for you.

SLASH!!!

No comments: