Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Did haz it just got real?

Wow. I mean, WOW. What the flip is happening on Earth here? First Egypt, now most of the Middle East...and Wisconsin too. Wisconsin? Come on, cheese heads- you guys just won a Super Bowl. What could possibly be going on to make you so upset?

Seriously though- it's kinda crazy, if you're following the news at all- so much unrest in the Middle East, and things on the home front aren't any more stable. Plus, there is a possible government shutdown looming- as well as an NFL lockout. I can't imagine life without the government or the NFL (not necessarily in that order).

And to top it all off, I watched a special on Fox the other night about Iran (it was called 'Iranium'), which basically talks about how Iran wants to wipe America off the map. They talked about how they could fire a nuke way above the country that would effectively serve as an EMP that would wipe out all the electronic devices that we have. All of them. Knowing how much we depend on electricity for everything- it was a slightly disconcerting thought.

I don't know how feasible this whole thing is- I know that Iran would need a nuclear warhead, which they don't have yet. Yet. Of course, it seems that their whole national focus is to acquire this so that they can destroy us. Those big meanie heads!

What does it all mean? I'm no Nostradamus. So I don't know. It's a little scary- and yet, it's surprisingly comfortable. I feel like we've danced this dance before. 31 years isn't a lot of time to accumulate lots of worldly experiences- but it is a decent chunk of time. I know this isn't anything new- and that in a lot of ways, life is like a game of Mad Libs. Just plug in this 'noun' or this 'a country' or any 'natural disaster' at any given time and you'll get an accurate state of affairs of our planet.

I'm not really freaked out, and I'm not trying to play the role of fear monger, either. I do, however, think that it's important that we know what's going on in this great big, and yet small, world that we all live in. We are all interlocked- after all, we're six degrees away from knowing Kevin Bacon.

Can't we all just get along?

No comments: