Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Did I mention...

...that I hate not having a computer? I mean, I feel like I've done my self-imposed penance- I haven't had a computer for a few weeks and so I have had to fill my time with different things. I guess in some ways, it's been good- I have been more productive around the house, and I've trimmed down the amount of mindless internet surfing I do, and I don't play any more Facebook games, and I spend more quality time with my children. Oh, and I've found time to be a loving husband as well.

But my blog is suffering- severely. Seriously- I have like 10 ideas for posts that are just sitting there in limbo. I can't give them any love or attention- they just sit and rot in the dark places of my mind, like some long lost Soulja Boy song.

I know that I mentioned that I was going to try and fix the computer- and that's still a possibility. Here's the thing though- regardless of how easy the fix might be or inexpensive the part might be, the fact is that we are poor, and soon we will be rich (that's right folks- big government is great for poor people with kids!), so I'm really thinking of just getting a new computer...possibly an iPad (crosses fingers, prays, sacrifices small animal). So it's just a manner of time. And I definitely understand that our one working computer is the property of my wife, and is meant to be used by her for school- which is important. I think I could even be learning patience through all of this.

But doggone it, my blog is important too- and like a tender plant, it needs to be watered and left out in the sunlight. I'm running out of brain space, and with all these great blog ideas just floating around in my head, I might explode soon. While death via exploding head might be a cool way to go, depriving the world of my awesomeness before its time is not cool. Not cool at all.

Why am I writing this, other than for the narcissistic release? Good question. I'm not eliciting funds. I'm not really sharing new information. I'm not even being very funny. So, um....I guess that's it. Post over.

No comments: