Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ummmmm....

So for the first time in the history of my life, I am experiencing the joy and uncertainty of a day off from work/school because of a threat made against a place of education. Right now, I'm not sure what exactly is going on- but NMU apparently got some sort of threat this morning and canceled classes. Then a little bit ago I found out that all the area elementary schools are evacuating because of the same threat. So no work today.

It's quite a conflicting feeling, actually. Normally, if both Sara and I had an unplanned day off, we'd be like "Thank You Lord" and get on with the fun. But this is different. I'm not really feeling scared about anything- so that's good. But it's also a little unsettling- I mean, I've never had anything like this happen, and I know that there have been numerous school tragedies over the past several years. Is this a bomb threat? Shooter? Something else entirely?

I'm hoping that this is just an act of extreme caution by the local schools. Keeping an eye on the Public Safety page on NMU's website. And praying that some idiot kid just decided that he wanted a snow day and made a prank phone call.

No comments: