Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Since you're not sick of me yet, a brief update

Well, it's been awhile since you've heard from me (and even longer since I've done one of these post-count-boosting updates), so I figure it's time.  I've deprived you for long enough.

First of all, those of you who are waiting for part three of the draft recap trilogy (and judging from the page stats, that's about six of you), I'm really hoping to get that churned out tonight (although I probably won't post it until tomorrow).  Not that it's going to be a super-compelling must read or anyth- wait a minute...what the heck am I saying???  OF COURSE it's going to be amazing, and you're going to want to keep coming back to my blog every five minutes just to make sure I haven't posted it yet.  Seriously though, I need to get this done before the season starts so that my analysis of the draft isn't tainted by actual on-the-field production.  Which, come to think about it, is probably how that analysis should be conducted.  But that's a story for the end of the season.

Secondly, I picked the wrong week to begin a lifestyle change!  Judging by the amount of 8:00 pm naps I took this week, work is going to be crazy busy this year.  I felt as the week went along we started to hit a little bit of a stride, but it's going to be balls to the wall all year. 

Actually, this past week I didn't do too bad with my goals (and in case you're wondering, at this point I'm not planning to do weekly progress goals- this is more like bonus material for the real reason for the update which is to let those six people know why their post-draft "meal" has not been completed yet).  I'm going to get in a walk today, which will give me 3 days of walking this week (goal: 4).  Not bad, considering yesterday I could barely move towards the end of the school day.  Not including today (since I haven't eaten all the meals yet), I've had seconds 4 times (goal: 2).  Quick note- this is primarily a dinner issue, so I'm only counting those meals.  I just don't usually have seconds at breakfast and lunch because those meals are so...boring.  Anyways, it wasn't the immediate seconds that got the best of me (which is progress, by the way)- it was those 10:00 pm hunger cravings.  I definitely counted those as seconds because you shouldn't be eating at that hour anyways

Internet time?  I actually did pretty well (disclaimer: coming up).  I was only on the internet more than 40 minutes once this week.  Go me!  Oh, did I say something about a disclaimer?  Well, truth be told I was probably on more than that, if you count time on smart phone/Kindle.  But I'm not- at least not yet.  Because at this stage, it's not "The Evil Internet" that I'm trying to break off- it's the laptop computer, which is really like a second lap to me.  Because those touch screens are still a little unwieldy to me, I find I do much less 'cyclical/mindless surfing' than I do on the laptop.

(I'm 100% sure that my success in this area was helped by the fact that my laptop charger crapped out and so I wasn't able to use my laptop.  But there are no asterisks in the game of life.  It's all good). 

So that's my life in a really tiny nutshell.  We're adjusting to yet another transition, and making it work.  Life is busy- but we're a happy, healthy family.  You can't really ask for anything more.

Except for the last part of my draft recap.  Which you're getting tomorrow.  So relax, enjoy this weekend, and don't forget to tip your favorite blogger waiters and waitresses.

No comments: