Oh look. Another blog about stuff. Wonderful.

Friday, October 10, 2008

First Post

I've debated for a while setting up my own blog...after all, I think that I have a lot to say, and my big problem is that it takes me a while to say it. So, for example, someone could say something in class, and then like 30 minutes later, I come up with this amazing, awesome-laced response...except we've already moved on. Bummer, dude! And I don't want to bring it up, because then I'm like the guy that wears his varsity jacket 10 years after graduation- just can't let go of the past, ya loser! (Of course, I am the guy that wears his varsity jacket 10 years after graduation...so booyah!).

I feel like I have a lot to say. I'm smart, funny, and dog gone it you people will like what I have to say! And if you don't? Then let me know, and after a ridiculous amount of time I will get back to you with e-spit in your face and tears from my eyes.

I'll talk about a lot of different things. Spirituality, parenthood, music, sports, heroclix (a table-top miniatures game based around Superheroes...if you're interested in learning about it let me know), politics, movies, quotes, food, school, the culture, family, travel...you name it, and I'll talk about it as long as it was named on the list that I just gave.

I'm excited- this is a banner time in our history. This is a time when kingdoms will rise and fall, when heroes and warriors will go forth in battle and our lives will be forever altered. While I struggle sometimes to stay hidden from this unstoppable future, there are times when I too long to take up my Fathers sword and slay the dragon. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you, and hearing your thoughts about my thoughts. And then maybe, we can grow together and learn to embrace our destiny. Enjoy!

4 comments:

drumcoach said...

Very nice, I'll bet your father is very proud of you, oh wait that's me. Well I am very proud of you. One suggestion, how about a section on your blog called; "Rants & Raves"? People could opine about all kinds of things, good or bad, like why are there still reality TV shows? Why haven't they been outlawed? I think that is the real reason the stock market is dropping, yep, reality TV, that's what's wrong with America.

Parks said...

I can't be sure, but I may haver heard about this guy who knew a guy who talked about a study that scientifically links reality television to the collapsing economy. Or else it was reality television and declining IQ's. Or else...you know what, I'm not really sure what it was all about. I'll keep the Rants and Raves thing in mind, I'm still figuring this thing out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hon, this is your wife. Just wanted to say if people don't start reading your blog, they will really be missing out. Hey, keep reading everybody, that's an order!! You really SHOULD know Jason Parks! Really really really funny, witty, interesting, ridiculous(in a good way)...just to name a few! Love you babe!

Parks said...

I'll be honest, I agree completely with everything that my wife said, and know that this is a completely unbiased opinion- exactly the sort of thing you will be getting all the time on my blogs.